SqushUp Hour

Yes. SqushUp Hour. This term was birthed by Pushup and Squat Hour. It's a little something I implemented here in the Creative at work. As I hoped, it's slowly been growing and increasing attendance outside of our department as well.

The concept originated here: Pushup Hour. Every hour on the hour, you take that hour number (in military time) and choose a multiplier. For me, it was 2. You do that number of pushups at that hour. Of course, we're working here, so that takes too much time, and hours come too frequently!

Sooo... it became 3pm. More specifically, it became 30 pushups at 3pm (broken up into whatever sets you need, or done straight as one set). This was a great start. But wanting to make this actually increase and benefit those attending, it's grew to 30 pushups, and 15 squats. Now, it's at 30-50 pushups, 20-30 squats. Yeah, you can imagine a buncha people standing around with their arms out straight doing squats. It's pretty great.

Anyway, here are a few bad shots to give you a visual of SqushUp hour. Hey, if you like it, implement it too and I'd love to hear about it :}



In case you were wondering, yes it is paying off. Being a dancer, I'm noticing how it's starting to help there, and the pushups are getting easier.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to start stretching.


This entry was posted in . Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to SqushUp Hour

  1. Meg says:

    maybe i should start joining in. i've got some flab going on.

  2. TJ says:

    You should, Meg!!! I've been telling you to join :}

Related Posts with Thumbnails